NBC AIMS TO BE A LOVING COMMUNITY, PROCLAIMING JESUS THE SAVIOUR, HEALER AND DELIVERER, WE ARE WORKING TO SEE HIS KINGDOM COME AND WILL BE DONE ON EARTH.
Our Vision is that we, the members of NBC, will journey in the following ways:
We will grow in love and faith as individuals as we pursue and grow in the spiritual disciplines, and as we obey Jesus’ commands about when we pray, when we give, and when we fast, following His teaching and example about breaking bread, about silence, about confession, and about worship and simplicity.
We will grow in faith and love as a spiritual community on Sundays and in gatherings on other days:
- We will all gather to praise, gather to listen, gather to pray and gather to study.
- We will all grow in the spiritual rhythm of the community.
- We will all develop our spiritual gifts which will aid our becoming a spiritual community and effective prophetic alternative to the models of the world. This is a way of connecting with the Father who then sends us outward.
We will be a community whose worship is upwards, downwards and outwards in nature.
- Upwards in our devotion to God, for God and about God.
- Downwards as we study His instructions given in the bible, as we listen for His instruction given through the Holy Spirit in words of knowledge and prophetic ministry, and as we live and grow in community together and hearing what He has to say through one another.
- Outwards as we seek to love God by loving others, by acting justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with God as we partner with Jesus to see His salvation come in our society.
We will encourage discipleship within our own spiritual community by praying with and for people, through small group care, fellowship and by peer encouraged accountability and growth.
We will equip train and encourage:
- Children to find faith in God for themselves and to be filled with the Holy Spirit as part of the church today.
- Students and young people as they find their way on their own spiritual journey by providing them with suitable resources and opportunities to build God centred relationships.
- Parents and grandparents as they love and care for their families.
- Those in marriage to love one another in upholding and honouring their vows, and those who are not married as they find God’s path in the opportunities their situation provides, and celebrating the diversity of our church community.
We will encourage one another to be imitators of Christ and will each take on that calling in our own mission fields wherever we are, embracing the sacrifices this requires of us every day.
We will help each other to find God’s mission calling on our individual lives by seeking spiritual input from within the fellowship and also from expertise brought in from outside the fellowship, and will pray for and resource people in their calling to serve God outside of the church. Through doing this we will speak with a clear voice, bringing hope and Godly influence, to those around us in our culture in education, health, politics, sport, business, the arts, and the media.